This is a fantastic chicken dish I have made for my family on more than one occasion. Make sure you don’t add the glaze until the very end otherwise it might burn. If you like sweet dished add more orange and if you like it a little spicier add more red chili flakes. Overall I would describe this dish as excellent, easy and a very flavoursome dish, it really is yummy and doesn’t get any easier than this!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄4 tsp red chili flakes, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless boneless, skinless chicken breast, halves
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1⁄2 tsp vegetable oil
- First we make the glaze. Take a small bowl and in it combine honey with the orange juice, the orange zest orange zest, garlic, salt and red chili flakes.
- Rinse your chicken in cold water, dry it with some absorbent paper towel and then season with salt. I prefer sea salt for this.
- In large non-stick pan, heat margarine and oil over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add your chicken and cook for approximately 4 minutes, until seared. It is best not to turn the chicken or move it prematurely as this allows a beautiful crisp coating to form.
- After 4 minutes is elapsed turn chicken over and cook the other side for a similar length of time.
- Turn the heat down to low and pour the glaze mixture over the cooked chicken and mix slowly and let the chicken absorb some of the glaze for a couple of minutes.
- Finally serve chicken breasts with honey-orange glaze spooned over the top. Ideally you would serve this dish on a bed of rice.