These delicious muffins are a perfect healthy start to your day. They are light and fluffy and really good for you. Mix up the ingredients any way you like and have them just how you like them. Personally I have been using red and green peppers in mine along with some mushrooms and different types of cheese. Mmmmm mmmmmm!! They freeze well so you can easily make a big batch at a time and use them when you need to. Pull them out of the freezer when you have unexpected guests, your kids or grandchildren come to visit or to pack in your loved ones lunchbox. Some people have commented that you don’t need to cook these muffins for 30 minutes. I suggest you experiment, I found any less and the egg was a little runny but you may have different results. Either way these have become a favorite around our house of late and I hope you all enjoy them as much as we do.
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices prosciutto, cut into pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add eggs, milk, salt and pepper to a bowl. Beat together. Mix in prosciutto, tomato, chives and parmesan.
- Grease muffin pan and pour mixture evenly into muffin cups, so they’re about 3/4 full.
- Cook for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until egg is set.