It is incredible how one little ingredient can make such a difference to a dish. For today’s recipe that ingredient is tomatoes. Roast tomatoes to be precise. A really easy dish that will allow you to create a low fat restaurant quality meal with out a lot of fuss and bother. I served this to a couple of Italian friends and they were full of praise. To me when I make a recipe and I can see my friends genuinely enjoy it that is all the recommendation I need. This recipe serves enough to feed four adults so modify the portions accordingly if you are feeding more or less. If you haven’t cooked with roasted tomatoes before I just know you are going to be pleasantly surprised. Add some fresh parmesan and garlic into the mix and this recipe is to die for. Buon Appetito!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes (about 6 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley, and chives)
- shaved Parmesan, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes, tossing once, until they begin to burst, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the tomatoes, herbs, and remaining tablespoon oil.
- Serve with the Parmesan and additional oil if so desired.