- 1 medium size white onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 cup of tomatoes chopped
- 2 tsp of tomato concentrate
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1.5 litre of water
- 1/2 a cube of vegetable stock
- Pepper and salt
- Olive Oil
This is one of my favourite soups of all time. It can be prepared quickly and kept for in the fridge for later consumption. It is a healthy vegetarian dish, excellent for weight watchers.Source
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pot.
- Sautee onions until they turn translucent
- Add the harder veggies ie carrots and celery and cook them until soft, add the garlics. Cook for a further 1 to 2 mins till garlics start to brown slightly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, tomatoes, concentrates, cucumber and red kidney beans, water and veggie stock and bring to a boil.
- When the soup starts to boil, lower heat and let it simmer for 20 to 25 mins.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste.