This is a really great low fat way to enjoy healthy vegetables. Anything goes with this recipe you can swap or add any vegetables you like. Last time I roasted some vegetables like this I added some beautiful fresh garlic cloves which created a wonderful aroma in my kitchen. I suggest you add them more towards the end though as they did get a little over cooked. An easy way to make this meal look really nice is to use different colored bell peppers. This adds lots of color and really makes the vegetables look great. When serving add some dried basil or mixed dry herbs and crushed red pepper to finish it off nicely. As it stands this recipe will give you eight servings and takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 25 to cook. Oh yeah one last thing, ZERO POINTS!! Hope you like it
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, divided (4 sprays)
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and quartered
- summer squash, halved lengthwise
- zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 12 ounces canned artichoke hea
- 1 cup red onion, slicedrts, without oil, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Arrange peppers, squash, zucchini, onion and artichokes on prepared baking sheets, flesh side up.
- Coat vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with thyme, salt and black pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces and serve.