This is hands down the best recipe to produce wonderful looking vegetables that taste really really good. The end result is zucchinis and carrots that taste like out of this world french fries. If you are feeling adventurous you can coat your vegetables by dipping them in a bowl of egg whites and then in some bread crumbs. Both zucchinis and carrots are so good for you we should all be incorporating vegetables like these into our diets as much as possible. That being said this recipe is a perfect and easy way to get healthy and stay healthy.
- 3 large carrots
- 3 large zucchinis
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Cut your veg into 3-inch sticks, making sure they are even in thickness.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and a light layer of olive oil.
- Season with salt & pepper and your favorite herbs and spices. Rosemary and thyme are two I really like and use a lot.
- Lightly toss your vegetable batons with a tablespoon or so of olive oil (not too much) and your herbs and spices.
- Spread your seasoned veg over your lined tray and roast, tossing halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until golden and slightly browned at the edges.