Delectable Chocolate Filled Donuts
Ah, donuts – an irresistible combination of sweet, soft, and fluffy dough, fried and glazed to perfection. But what if we could take this classic treat one step further, and add even more deliciousness? That’s the promise of Chocolate Filled Donuts.
These heavenly morsels are made by deep-frying a tender, sweet dough and lightly glazing it. Then comes the surprise – a generous helping of smooth, melted chocolate, which adds a delightfully decadent dimension to the flavor. It’s the perfect way to end your day with something special.
When it comes to cooking, the key is always to use the freshest ingredients. Fillings, such as chocolate, should be at room temperature to ensure that they donut become too solid to squeeze out of the pastry bag. You’ll also want to use refined sugar as opposed to raw sugar in the dough mix, as this will help to give it an even, flaky texture when fried.
It’s easy to prepare Chocolate Filled Donuts with a few basic steps. Start by preparing and rolling out your dough, just like you would when making conventional donuts. Then, using a pastry bag, pipe the melted chocolate onto the dough rounds. Seal in the filling with a second layer of dough and deep fry the rounds until golden. Finally, finish off with a dusting of cinnamon sugar for added sweetness.
Chocolate Filled Donuts make for a delightfully decadent treat, combining the traditional flavors of a donut with rich, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate. Enjoy them at breakfast, as dessert, or at any time you’re craving something special.
– 250ml water
– 100g butter, melted
– 45g sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons dry yeast
– 300g pastry flour
– 2 liters vegetable oil for deep frying
– 150g dark chocolate, melted
– Cinnamon and sugar for garnish
1. In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, and salt.
2. Add the yeast and whisk until it has dissolved.
3. Slowly add in the flour, stirring until the dough begins to come together. Then knead by hand for a few minutes on a lightly floured surface.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover, and leave to rise until doubled in size.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1cm.
6. Use a cookie cutter to cut out rounds, re-rolling the dough if necessary.
7. Preheat the oil in a deep-fryer or saucepan to 180 ˚C.
8. In batches, fry the donut rounds until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
9. Place the melted chocolate in a pastry bag, snip off the tip, and pipe into the center of each donut.
10. Place a second donut round onto each one and press down around the edges to seal in the filling.
11. Fry the filled donuts for a further 1–2 minutes.
12. Dust with cinnamon sugar, serve and enjoy.