A Delectable Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe Without the Corn Syrup
Perhaps you’ve been put off from making pecan pie due to the overwhelming presence of corn syrup in most recipes. If this is the case, then this deceptively simple chocolate pecan pie recipe without corn syrup is here to help make your dessert dreams come true.
Pecan pies are a classic favorite in many countries, especially in America. Everyone loves the rich and crunchy texture of the nuts coupled with a sweet filling. However, without corn syrup, achieving this perfect balance of sweetness and crunchiness can seem difficult.
This classical yet contemporary Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a delectable dessert experience without the corn syrup. By using honey and sugar in combination, you can still achieve the perfect balance of sweet and crunchy. Additionally, the use of dark chocolate chips adds a wonderfully decadent flavor, making this version of the chocolate pecan pie hard to resist.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie crust
- 2 cups pecans pieces, divided
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and prepare a 9-inch deep-dish pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of pecans, butter, sugar, honey, and salt. Stir until fully incorporated and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla together.
- Add the egg mixture to the pecan mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Spread remaining 1 cup of pecans over the bottom of the prepared pie crust and pour the pecan mixture over the pecans.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the filling and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the filling has set and the top is golden brown.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
This unusual take on the classic pecan pie is sure to wow your guests! By using honey instead of corn syrup, you can still get the same obvious sweetness but with a hint of a more natural flavor. Plus, the addition of dark chocolate chips provides the perfect amount of richness and indulgence in every bite.
Overall, this chocolate pecan pie without corn syrup a gourmet-style treat that is incredibly easy to make! Give it a try and see if it becomes your new favorite dessert. You may even find that it surpasses classic recipes that do use corn syrup. Bon appetit!