Dig Into a Super-Tasty Medley of Spicy Shrimp And Chicken: Johnny Carino’s Recipe
Do you want something delicious but also slightly out of the ordinary? Then this spicy shrimp and chicken recipe from the culinary master Johnny Carino is just what you need! This satisfying medley of flavors draws influence from Italian cuisine while adding a pinch of exotic spiciness. So grab a skillet, whip up some delicious ingredients, and turn your kitchen into a mini-Carino’s in no time!
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 8 ounces of chicken breasts, diced into cubes
• 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 4 tablespoons of butter
• 4 tablespoons of white wine
• 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken cubes and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the Italian seasoning, garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes, stirring to combine.
4. Add the butter, white wine, and lemon juice, stirring to distribute the liquids. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
6. Serve with cooked white rice, garnished with chopped parsley.
This flavorful dish is a delightful journey for your taste buds. The contrast between the mildness of the chicken and the fiery heat of the shrimp pairs perfectly. The buttery sauce rounds out the flavors, offering a delicate and comforting balance. With the fragrant aroma from the seasonings and the bright hint of lemon, you can be sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
This isn’t the only dish of its kind. If you’re looking for a similar combination of seafood and meat, there’s Creole jambalaya with shrimp, chicken, and andouille sausage. Or you can add an Asian twist to your taste buds with a pungent kung pao seafood and chicken.
So what are you waiting for? Dig into a super-tasty medley of spicy shrimp and chicken with Johnny Carino’s recipe!