Lidia Bastianich Chicken Cacciatore – an Italian Delight that is Sure to Delight!
Looking for an easy, yet delicious dinner that is sure to please? Look no further than Lidia Bastianich’s Chicken Cacciatore. This classic Italian-American dish is sure to have your entire family running to the dinner table!
– 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied and cut in 1/2
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1/2 cup white wine
– 1/4 cup onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
– 1 can Italian-style tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
– 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate.
4. Add the wine, onion, garlic and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until vegetables are tender.
5. Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper, stirring to combine.
6. Place the chicken back into the skillet and bring the mixture to a simmer.
7. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle the parsley and basil over the chicken.
9. Serve over cooked whole wheat pasta or polenta. Enjoy!
This classic Italian-American dish is a favorite among families and brings back memories of leisure summer days spent in the kitchen. Not only is it flavorful and easy to prepare, but it is also made with healthy ingredients. Thanks to Lidia Bastianich’s Chicken Cacciatore, you can enjoy a delicious meal that everyone will love.
Unlike other Italian dishes, such as lasagna, Chicken Cacciatore is comparatively low in calories and fat. Plus, it doesn’t require a lot of time or effort to make. Whether you are dining alone or entertaining a crowd, this dish is sure to come together in no time and make a lasting impression.
Try this delicious recipe for dinner tonight and bring a bit of Italian flair to your kitchen! Your friends and family will thank you for it. Enjoy!