Meatloaf Recipe With Bell Peppers – A Comforting Comfort Food Done Right
Meatloaf has been a timeless classic in the culinary world. This meal was once hailed as a comforting comfort food. Well, this Meatloaf Recipe with Bell Peppers may just be the perfect version of this classic dish.
This recipe is full of flavor and packs a punch of taste that will tantalize your taste buds. The bell peppers add a unique crunch and freshness to the dish, while the combination of the beef and pork creates a delicious over-all texture.
– 2 lb ground beef
– 1 lb ground pork
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1/4 cup of ketchup
– 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 tsp dried oregano
– Salt, to taste
– Ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F (210C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and pork. Once combined, add the bell peppers, garlic, breadcrumbs, eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix until the ingredients are well-combined.
3. Transfer the mixture to a lightly greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the meatloaf is cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
5. Allow the meatloaf to rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
This Meatloaf Recipe with Bell Peppers is a family favorite and sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Not only does it have all the necessary ingredients of a classic meatloaf, but the bell peppers add a flavorful twist. The red bell peppers give the dish beautiful pops of color and the green bell peppers contribute to its delicious depth of flavor. The Worcestershire sauce also helps to bring out the bouncy and complex taste of the entire dish.
This recipe can be easily enjoyed with a nice side of mashed potatoes, green salad or roasted vegetables. As it is delectably filling, it also makes for a hearty meal to keep you going through the day.
So, why not give this healthy and tasty Meatloaf Recipe with Bell Peppers a go? You’ll be sure to enjoy this classic with a twist.