No Name Cake – A Deliciously Mysterious Recipe
Have you ever heard of a cake so delicious and mysterious that it doesn’t even have a name? That’s right, no name – just simply ‘No Name Cake’.
This classic cake may have been around for decades or centuries – who can tell? It’s excluded from family cookbooks and won’t be found online — these ingredients have been carefully guarded, saved only for the unique taste of this cake.
This cake has a unique flavor and texture, with layers of European-style airiness and cassava-based creaminess. It also bursts with sweetness, with a hint of tropical citrus and a hint of coconut.
The recipe is not difficult or complex. In fact, with a few basic ingredients, you may be able to whip this up for a special occasion or just for the unusual experience of it. Here’s what you’ll need:
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
• 1/4 cup coconut milk
• 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add the melted butter, scraping down the sides as you go.
4. Add half of the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, stirring until combined. Add the coconut milk and mix until blended.
5. Add the remaining dry ingredients and stir until there are no lumps. Gently fold in the lime zest.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool in the pan before serving.
No Name Cake is surprisingly simple to make, but it packs a punch of flavor that can’t be matched. This recipe has its roots in pre-colonial Latin America and is still commonly served there today. Some claim to have tweaked the recipe to create a unique flavor blend, but its long history of deliciousness speaks for itself.
So, if you’re looking for something truly special and unique to make, try No Name Cake – an enigmatic and delicious cake with an old-world flavor that you won’t forget.