Ah, Pistachio Ricotta Cake – one of the most decadent delights one can experience. This stunning cake has a few twists and pulls from traditional methods as well as cultural influences, taking any hungry baker on a wonderful culinary adventure.
Made with a medley of pistachio, ricotta, and citrus, the unique flavor of this moist, mouthwatering dessert goes above and beyond. There’s a subtle crunch and sweet creaminess to it that’s just scrumptious.
This pistachio ricotta cake recipe is easy to whip up, yet powerful enough to make the most unforgettable impression. Trust me – a little experimenting in the kitchen and you’ll have a masterpiece that’s reminiscent of all your favorite cakes!
To start, you’ll need:
– 2 cups ricotta cheese
– 1 cup pistachios, shelled
– 1½ cups all-purpose flour
– ¾ cup icing sugar
– ½ cup pistachio kernels, toasted
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– Zest of one lemon
– 4 eggs
– ¼ cup clarified butter
– 1 tablespoon brandy
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9 inch cake pan.
2. In a food processor, add the ricotta and pistachios, and blend until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest, and beat until combined.
4. In the food processor, add the eggs and butter, mix until incorporated.
5. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the food processor and mix until ingredients are fully combined.
6. Add the brandy, and pulse until fully mixed.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool and serve with a light dusting of icing sugar.
This wonderful and delightful Pistachio Ricotta cake is similar to other traditional Italian desserts like cannoli, cassata, and cassata siciliana. But, the unique nut and citrus combination in this recipe make it stand apart from the rest. If you’re looking for something that’s sure to impress your friends and family, this is the bake!
If you’re anything like me, you’re probably salivating just thinking about the mix of creamy cheese and crunchy pistachios – and the burst of citrus flavors that follow! This cake is always a hit at my dinner parties, and if you give it a try, I have a feeling it will be a hit at yours too. Enjoy!