Healthy Beef & Pepper Mushroom Pie
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 lb Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb Beef Mince
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 1/4 cups Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 sheet Frozen Coles Brand Puff Pastry
- 2 tsp Milk
- Mashed Potatoes, to serve
- Mixed Salad Leaves (optional), to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 6 mins or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Increase heat to high.
- Cook mince, stirring with wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 4 mins or until browned.
- Whisk the cornflour and 1/4 cup of stock in a large jug until smooth. Whisk in remaining stock and tomato paste until smooth.
- Add the mushrooms, stock mixture and pepper to the pan. Bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 mins or until thickened.
- Fill a 8 inch pie dish with mince mixture. Top with puff pastry, pressing edges to seal. Trim excess and use to make decorations.
- Brush top with milk. Cut a hole in top of pie to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 40 mins or until pastry is golden and puffed.
- Serve with mash and salad leaves.